Newborn art photography is my specialization and great love. ♥ It is a unique branch of professional photography which cannot be done by most regular photographers. It requires a great deal of patience and a lot of experience with newborn babies. I have been working to perfect the art for over 12 years and there are always new things to learn.
Please note: I am not a traveling photographer, I do not do home visits, I do all of the sessions in my studio.
Here is an example of Newborn Premium Package photos submitted for selection:
This is my usual Standard Package:
And finally, here is an example of the Basic Package:
Making Your Order
To book in for newborn photography please contact me during pregnancy, I can book you in for around your due date and then we can choose the exact date and time when the baby comes. Newborn babies are always a priority and I do my very best to fit them into my schedule. It is ideal to come within the first 10 – 14 days after the baby is born, though photo shoots with a bit older babies are also possible. Within the first 3 weeks, babies are still easy to work, everytime just depends on the baby.
But the first few days of a new baby are very special. After the first two weeks, babies have started to uncurl, stretch out and are a lot more alert. They’re awake much more so the session isn’t easy.
Once your baby is able to sit on his/her own but before he/she is able to crawl (6-9 months), it would be the second most perfect time for beautiful photos. The babies tend to be really cute and it’s possible to work with them really well. If you are considering any photos with older babies then that would be the best time.
I have made a decision not to make cake smashes and one-year-old babies photoshoots anymore since a few years ago.
Then I take pictures of children beginning from 3 years of age.
I always do the sessions in my studio because I have all the equipment and backgrounds here and this way I can get the best results.
Making the Photography
I will take a number of pictures, edit the best ones (around 30, the number depends on type of the session) and you can then choose the ones you like most. The editing usually takes around 20 days. It is important to take this delay into account if you need your photos to be ready by a specific date.
All images come in full resolution they are ready to print. Each session includes a print release for personal use and includes colour, black and white and light brown shade versions of each image purchased.I dedicate maximum attention to every single picture. Being an art photographer I do not sell any of the raw material, e.g. the unaltered photos from the session. Instead, every picture you receive from me has gone through the full process of creative editing to achieve the best results.
What you pay for:
All these things and more are part of each session’s pricetag and ensure the high quality outcome that you can see in my gallery.
What can you expect?
- Photography with soul – I prepare everything in advance so that I have an idea of what to do with every session. At the same time, I am also flexible and I can quickly adapt to a given situation should the babies not be cooperative. I aim to take photos from the best angle to capture the beauty of your children and the tenderness of their soul.
- Exclusive time flexibility – You can choose a specific time which works best for you and your baby and at every session we will stay as long as necessary. There is no need to be stressed or hasty or to count every minute of your time. Sometimes the session takes 2 hours, other times 4 hours, simply as long as the baby determines.
- Great amount of accessories, backgrounds and other equipment in the studio – My range of accessories is constantly growing… Most of the accessories, like hats, headbands and skirts I make myself so that they fit perfectly into the pictures.
- I have special lighting equipment so that the babies are not disturbed by strobe lights and so on.
- I use state-of-the-art Canon technology – coupled with a calm and friendly approach, this helps me achieve the best results. I truly love my work and I enjoy every second of it.
Things to take with you
If you come to the session with a newborn baby or a baby under 1 year of age, you do not need to bring anything special with you. It might be a good idea to bring something for the child to drink and eat as well as nappies and a favourite toy for olders. All of the equipment required for the session is already in the studio.
I am also well equipped for sessions for small girls 3-4 years of age. I use custom-made headbands and hairpins, hats, and dresses, which are all available in the studio.